Promoting participation in employee carpool programs has powerful organization-wide benefits
Employee carpool programs are one of the most effective tools businesses can use to help fight local traffic congestion. While their environmental benefits tend to draw the most attention, enterprises enjoy many other advantages by encouraging employees to skip the solo drive and share rides.
Some of the key benefits of employee carpool programs include:
Savings on parking costs
When employees share rides, demand for on-site parking will diminish. This helps employers realize significant savings on parking costs.
Boosting employee productivity
Research shows that people who carpool arrive at work feeling better, with lower stress levels. This contributes to increased productivity throughout the day.
A happier workforce
Studies have also shown that employee carpool programs help build a more collegial work environment, with strengthened social connections that contribute to higher overall levels of job satisfaction.
A reduced environmental footprint
Companies that institute employee rideshare programs project ecological values in keeping with environmental responsibility.
Building a happier, more productive workforce and making environmental responsibility a top priority also helps boost employee retention rates. Companies with high employee retention rates tend to attract better job candidates, and this helps position the business for sustained future success.
Get commuters excited about employee carpool programs. Here’s how.
With employee carpool programs, greater participation equals greater benefits. These strategies are proven to help increase opt-in rates for corporate ridesharing:
- Adopt a gamification approach by encouraging participants to align themselves in teams, then track the number of trips and miles logged
- Offer incentives to participants and prizes to competition winners
- Use commuter management software like RideAmigos to help employees who live in close proximity connect with one another
- Match prospective participants who have similar work schedules
- Offer free, reduced-rate, or preferred parking to vehicles used in carpools
- Promote individual end benefits, like lower stress, savings on transportation costs, and reduced wear-and-tear on privately owned vehicles
Software tools like the RideAmigos platform are ideal for creating, promoting, and managing employee carpool programs. RideAmigos’ groundbreaking enterprise ridesharing solution offers companies and organizations an unprecedented suite of powerful rideshare program creation, management, tracking, and reporting tools. Our platform also makes it easy to connect program participants, create games and competitions, track and administer rewards, and much more.
Put your carpooling program in overdrive and maximize its environmental, financial, and organizational benefits. Get started with RideAmigos today!