Reducing parking costs doesn’t just boost your bottom line, it also helps the environment and creates a safer community
Providing employees with safe, accessible parking places can cost businesses thousands of dollars per month. This is especially true for companies with offices in high-demand areas, where multiple enterprises have to compete for limited resources.
The most direct path to reducing parking costs is to get employees to leave their cars at home and find alternative ways of getting to work. After all, the cheapest parking spot is one that isn’t needed in the first place.
It isn’t just businesses that can benefit by reducing demand for parking. Community colleges and universities are constantly struggling to make the best possible use of their limited parking resources. Assigning and managing parking passes can be a complicated process that drains finances and makes inefficient use of employee time.
Campus safety is another big concern for college and university administrators. One of the best ways to build a pedestrian-friendly school community is to scale back the number of vehicles using campus roads. Commuter management software tools like the RideAmigos platform helps achieve this while simultaneously reducing demand for parking.
Helping commuters find efficient transportation alternatives is the key to reducing parking costs
Connecting commuters to transportation options that don’t require parking is the simplest and most effective way to cut costs and enhance community safety. The RideAmigos platform puts powerful tools in the hands of businesses and organizations, making it easy to:
- Create and manage carpool, bikepool, and rideshare networks
- Put commuters who live in the same area in contact with each other
- Find a complete range of local transportation alternatives, including public transit, rideshares, vanpools, and walking/biking routes
- Save journey details for easy future reference
- Create and manage commuter challenge and incentive programs that give people added impetus to participate
- Build custom commuter networks for easier program management
- Generate custom reports to track program progress and make strategic improvements
Together, these capabilities have the potential to dramatically reduce parking costs and relieve traffic congestion.
With an industry-leading suite of powerful commuter management features, the RideAmigos platform is the ideal partner for enterprises and organizations looking to cut parking costs by getting community members out of single-occupancy vehicles.
To learn more about how our revolutionary platform can help your business or organization reduce parking needs and increase commuter satisfaction, contact us today or sign up to view our free video demonstration.