Your privacy is important to Right Click Solutions Inc, dba RideAmigos. (“we” or “us”), the owner and operator of the rideamigos.com, and website and/or any and all other related sites and services (collectively, the “Site”). To better protect your privacy, we provide this statement explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of the personally identifiable information that you decide to submit on our Site.
- What information we collect
- How we may use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
- How to contact us
What Information Do We Collect?
Information that you give us.
Information about you.
We might ask you to register or create an account by providing us with certain “personally identifiable information,” which is information that can be used to identify you personally. Personally identifiable information includes (but is not limited to)
- your name
- your shipping address
- your billing address
- your email address
- your telephone number
- your fax number
- your credit card information
- information about your interest in content, products and services, and
- other personal information that you give to us.
We do not require you to register to use our Site, but certain features of the Site might be restricted to only those persons who provide us with the personally identifiable information requested for use of such features.
Please do not include any sensitive financial or medical information, such as any person’s social security number, passport number, bank account or credit card numbers or passwords or medical conditions, diagnoses or prescriptions. We do not require such information to provide the Site and disclaim all liability for the dissemination of such information.
Information about other people.
The Site might provide ways for you to submit information about other people. For example, you might provide your friend’s email address to enable us to email her a link to a post you think she might want to see. Personally identifiable information that you provide about other people might include (but is not limited to) their names, physical mailing addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, information about their interests in content, products and services, and their other personal information that you give to us.
Information that you post to online forums, comment boards or other public spaces.
We might collect content and information that you post via online forums and communities (for example, photos you post to an area for people to see them, or comments you post in a comment forum in response to one of our posts).
Other information that you provide to us.
We do or might collect any other information and data that you send or communicate to us, including email correspondence, snail mail correspondence, and discussions over the telephone.
Information that we get from other third parties.
We do or might collect information from third parties about you. We might combine or use this information with information that we collect from you or from third parties.
Information that we collect automatically.
We do or might collect certain information automatically when you use our Site, such as (but not limited to):
- the type of browser you are using (for example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari)
- the type of operating system you are using (for example, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, or Android)
- the domain name or identity of your Internet service provider
- your IP (Internet protocol) addresses
- Site usage information, such as web log data, the Site pages that you visit, the advertisements and links you click, and the time spent on Site pages
In addition, if you use our Site via a mobile device (for example, a smart phone or a tablet), we also do or might collect your unique device identifier and mobile device IP address (or MAC address), as well as information about your device’s mobile carrier, and mobile Internet browsers, information about your precise geographic location, and other information described in this Policy.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We do or might use the information we collect to:
- operate the Site and provide access to its services
- fulfill requests for products and services offered via the Site
- offer products and services from us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties
- provide customer support and respond to customer inquiries
- contact you about matters concerning the Site or your use of it
- analyze Site and user behavior
- prepare reports of aggregated user information (aggregated data is combined in a way so as to obscure users’ personally identifiable information)
- measure and improve our Site and services
User Generated Content is Public Information.
The Site might enable you to post content and information to it via its online forums and communities (for example, photos that you post to an area for people to see them, or comments that you post in a comment forum). Remember that all of these posts are public and can be seen by and shared with everyone. Social media sites, plug-ins and other applications also can enable you to create and submit content concerning our Site or service. We cannot prevent or be responsible for such uses. Some social media sites, plug-ins and other applications enable you to adjust your privacy settings, but we don’t control them or how well they work. Please check those privacy policies and instructions for more information on how your information is used and handled.
If you choose to submit content for publication, we may publish your screen name and other information you have provided to us on our Site, the Internet, or elsewhere.
How Long Do We Retain The Information That We Collect?
We can retain the information we collect for as long as we choose, but we are not obligated to you to retain it.
How Do We Share and Disclose The Information That We Collect?
Third party marketers
We do or might share personally identifiable information with business partners and third parties (for example, other marketers, websites, advertisers, and commercial and not for profit organizations) that want to market products or services to you. We provide you the opportunity to “opt out” of (block) use of your personally identifiable information for such third party marketing purposes. Please see the section below called “You can opt out of marketing communications” for details.
Our Site does or might contain links to third party websites and services whose information practices are or might be different from our own. We are not responsible for, do not vouch for, and have no control over the third parties who might be receiving or collecting information from or about you. Please refer to those third parties’ privacy policies and statements before submitting any information.
Sponsors and co-promotions
We do or might offer content or services that are sponsored by or co-branded with identified third parties. As a result, such third parties might obtain personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with such content or services. We are not responsible for, and we have no control over, information provided to or collected by such third parties. The Site will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if such third party will obtain such information.
Your opting out of targeted advertising via these programs is intended to stop certain targeted advertising, but still will allow the collection of usage data for some purposes, including research, analytics and internal operations. RideAmigos is not responsible for the operation of these opt out mechanisms and does not assure that they will work.
Legal and law enforcement purposes
We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process, for example in response to a court order or a subpoena, or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request. We also may disclose such information to third parties in connection with fraud detection and prevention activities, or when we believe it is necessary or appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding known, suspected or anticipated (i) illegal activities or fraud, (ii) harm or threats to the safety and well-being of any person or property, (iii) violations of our Terms of Service, (iv) violations of our rights, or the rights of others, or violations of law.
Transfer of our business
We may transfer all information about you in connection with a transaction for the sale or transfer of our company, business, or assets. Such a transaction might be (but is not limited to) a merger, acquisition, asset sale, dissolution, bankruptcy, reorganization, or reincorporation.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Tracking Tools
We and our third party service providers and business partners may send “cookies” to your computer or device or use similar technologies to enhance your experience at our Site. “Cookies” are files that can identify you as a unique user and store your personal preferences as well as technical information (including click through and click stream data). Cookies manage and measure the performance of advertisements displayed on or delivered by or through us and/or other networks or sites. We do or might use “persistent” cookies (which remain on your computer until you delete them) or “temporary” cookies (which remain only until you close your browser).
We also might use web beacons. These are small strings of code or techniques that deliver a graphic image on a web page for the purpose of transferring data, such as (i) the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, (ii) the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the web beacon appears, (iii) the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, (iv) the type of browser that fetched the web beacon, and (v) the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server.
Our Site also might use locally stored objects (sometimes referred to as “Flash cookies”) to provide certain content, such as video on demand, video clips, or animation. Adobe’s Flash player and similar applications use this technology to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to browser cookies. Flash cookies are not managed through your web browser, but you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site.
When corresponding with you via HTML capable email, web beacons tell us whether you received and opened our email.
On their own, cookies or web beacons do not contain or reveal any personally identifiable information. However, if you give us personally identifiable information, that information can be linked to the data stored in the cookies or web beacons.
You are always free to adjust your browser to reject cookies from us or from any other website. Additionally, by setting your web browser to display HTML emails as text only, you may be able to prevent the use of some web beacons. Please review the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Certain Site areas and features might be accessible only with cookies or similar devices activated. As such, your decision to limit or disable cookies or similar devices could adversely affect your ability to use or access certain Site areas and features.
Our Site Currently Does Not Respond To Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
Some browsers enable its users to send a “Do Not Track” (or DNT) signal to a website visited by the user to request that the website disable tracking of the visiting user.
Our Site currently does not respond to DNT signals. We might configure it to do so in the future.
Our Reasonable Efforts To Protect Your Privacy Are Not Perfect
International Information Transfer
We rely on third parties to provide services and otherwise enable us to provide the Site to you. We cannot control how or where such third parties route or store information and data. If you register an account for our Site, or otherwise use the Site, you consent to the collection, processing and storage in the United States and elsewhere of your information.
We have not certified with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Program to address data transfers from the European Union and Switzerland. U.S. data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union.
We Do Not Permit Spam or Spyware
We don’t permit use of spam, spyware, malware, or anything else that we do not intend our Site to provide. If you believe that you have received an unsolicited email from us or encountered spyware or malware on our Site, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can investigate.
Information Regarding Children
The Site is not marketed to or intended for anyone under 18 years old, or anyone under the legal age of majority in his or her state, country or other jurisdiction of residence. Such individuals must not use the Site. We do not knowingly or willingly collect information or data from individuals under such age. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly remove the information.
What Are Your Choices?
You can “opt out” of marketing communications.
You can “opt out” of receiving (that is, block) marketing communications from us and from our third party marketers. You can update your preferences for receiving or not receiving marketing communications from us and from third parties by (i) visiting http://go.rideamigos.com/email_preferences and adjusting your settings there; (ii) clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided in marketing emails you may receive and follow those instructions; or (iii) send us an email specifying your updated preferences to email@example.com. Please allow a reasonable time for our Service to receive and give effect to your updates.
We do or might share non-personally identifiable information with third parties from time to time as we choose, with or without notice to you, and with no opportunity to opt out.
How you can review or correct your personally identifiable information.
To review the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you via the Site, to correct or update such information, and to update your interests, preferences or other aspects of your account user profile (if and when such Site functionality is provided), please log into your account if you have one (if and when such Site functionality is provided), or please send us an email explaining the assistance you seek to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How To Contact Us
- What information we collect
- How we may use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- How to contact us
Data collection and processing
RideAmigos collects data from your account or phone to provide you with an easy way to track how and where you move in your everyday life. When you install, run or use our Services we may collect:
- Location. Our system starts to collect location data from sources such as GPS, Wi-Fi and cell towers once you install the App and consent to the App’s tracking your location. We may also collect data from device sensors, activity data as provided by the mobile operating systems, and places you identify with the Services. You may choose to stop our collection of location data through the Settings that we provide in the App, revoking phone permissions from the App, or by removing the App from your phone.
- Information you provide. In order to operate the Site and to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you, we may collect “personal information” (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly (without using the Site) such as full name, addresses, phone number or email address), “password information” and “demographic information” (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is neither personal information nor password information; this may include, but is not limited to, zip code, postal code, hometown, gender, username, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, registration history information, and the content of communications sent to us and communication posted on the Site, such as in user forums).
- The Site might provide ways for you to submit information about other people. For example, you might provide your friend’s email address to enable us to email her a link to a post you think she might want to see. Personally identifiable information that you provide about other people might include (but is not limited to) their names, physical mailing addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, information about their interests in content, products and services, and their other personal information that you give to us.
- The Site might enable you to post content and information to it via its online forums and communities (for example, carpool descriptions that you post to an area for people to see them, or comments that you post in a comment forum). Remember that all of these posts are public and can be seen by and shared with everyone. Social media sites, plug-ins and other applications also can enable you to create and submit content concerning our Site or service. We cannot prevent or be responsible for such uses. Some social media sites, plug-ins and other applications enable you to adjust your privacy settings, but we don’t control them or how well they work. Please check those privacy policies and instructions for more information on how your information is used and handled.
- Information from your device. This includes information about your operating system, device identifier, carrier, language, battery performance, wi-fi or other network connections, or other data that you permit the App to access on your device including through permissions on your device using the device’s provided operating system permissions
- Communications with us. If you communicate with us, we collect the information and content you provide to us, including personally identifying information such as your name, email or other contact information. You can provide anonymous feedback by using an email account that does not reveal your identity.
How we use information
We process and use the information we collect in a variety of ways. The primary purpose is to provide you with an easy way to track how and where you move in your everyday life. We upload your information from your device over a secured connection to our servers in order to analyze the data and identify your activities, routes and places. Results are sent back to you over a secured connection so that you can view and interact with them, and they are stored on our servers. If you label a place, such as your home or work, or change an activity type, we also collect and store that information. If you are connected with one of the Unity web sites, then the information is also shared with your account on that site.
Other ways we use your data include: to develop aggregated analyses and reports that help us improve our algorithms, to measure and understand how our Services are used, and to develop new products, services and features We also use your information to communicate with you, such as by sending you notifications and service-related messages, by responding to your requests and questions, or by sending you newsletters, information, and other transactional information for RideAmigos’ services. By registering with Unity you are opting in to receive such email.
To operate the Site, including supporting your activities on the Site, we may share your personal information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services such as authorization of email origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services, and promotional fulfillment. We require these entities not to use your information for any other purpose.
Use of Other User’s Information
The Site provides various mean of communicating with other users, including but not limited to message boards, through which you may have access to other members’ names, email addresses and other information. By using the Site, you agree that, with respect to other user’s personally identifiable information that you obtain through your use of Site, you may only use such information for: (a) Site related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages, and (b) any other purpose that such member expressly agrees to after adequate disclosure of the purpose(s). Under no circumstances, except as defined in this Paragraph, can you disclose personally identifiable information about another user to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other member after adequate disclosure.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Sharing data with third parties
To provide and support the services we provide to you, information we collect and receive may be disclosed to third parties in and out of the North American Area as (i) described in this policy, (ii) if you otherwise give your consent, or (iii) if the disclosure is legally required.
- If you choose to use any of the third party apps or services that use the RideAmigos API, you may consent to the disclosure of your information to those third parties.
- We may disclose information about you or your use of our Services to service providers or other partners that work on our behalf to support our business (e.g. information processing and storage, provide place recommendations, map thumbnails, and measuring the performance of our App).
- We may access, use, preserve, and share your information, including your personally identifying information, with third parties when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or prevent death or imminent bodily harm. We may also share such information if we believe that you have abused your rights to use the Services or violated an applicable law, or in connection with any dispute between you and us with respect to the Services.
- If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may disclose and transfer your personally identifying information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- We may also generally disclose aggregate or anonymous information where reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the data does not contain your personally identifying information.
- Some browsers enable its users to send a “Do Not Track” (or DNT) signal to a website visited by the user to request that the website disable tracking of the visiting user.
Our Site currently does not respond to DNT signals. We might configure it to do so in the future.
The security of our systems
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to provide the service. These may be located at destinations outside of North America. By submitting your personally identifying information, you agree to this. We use commercially reasonable physical and technical safeguards to secure your data. We encrypt the communication channels using SSL.
While RideAmigos continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and RideAmigos cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to RideAmigos. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Your access to the data
You may download a copy of your RideAmigos trip log information using the tool we provide on the Site by signing in with your email and account. Aside from trip data, RideAmigos has no obligation to you to retain a copy of any data and will not provide users with a copy of data outside of what is available through the site.
Data retention and deletion
Our Services are not directed towards and must not be used by persons under 13. We do not knowingly or willingly collect information or data from individuals under such age. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly remove the information.
RideAmigos welcomes your questions and comments about usage, terms, conditions, security and privacy. Please send any communication via email to email@example.com
Last updated and effective as of Dec 4, 2017.