- What information we collect
- How we may use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- How to contact us
Data collection and processing
RideAmigos collects data from your account or phone to provide you with an easy way to track how and where you move in your everyday life. When you install, run or use our Services we may collect:
- Location. Our system starts to collect location data from sources such as GPS, Wi-Fi and cell towers once you install the App and consent to the App’s tracking your location. We may also collect data from device sensors, activity data as provided by the mobile operating systems, and places you identify with the Services. You may choose to stop our collection of location data through the Settings that we provide in the App, revoking phone permissions from the App, or by removing the App from your phone.
- Information you provide. In order to operate the Services and to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you, we may collect “personal information” (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly (without using the Services) such as full name, addresses, phone number or email address), “password information” and “demographic information” (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is neither personal information nor password information; this may include, but is not limited to, zip code, postal code, hometown, gender, username, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, registration history information, and the content of communications sent to us and communication posted on the Services, such as in user forums).
- The Services might provide ways for you to submit information about other people. For example, you might provide your friend’s email address to enable us to email her a link to a post you think she might want to see. Personally identifiable information that you provide about other people might include (but is not limited to) their names, physical mailing addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, information about their interests in content, products and services, and their other personal information that you give to us.
- The Services might enable you to post content and information to it via its online forums and communities (for example, carpool descriptions that you post to an area for people to see them, personal profile images, or comments that you post in a chat or comment forum). Remember that all of these posts are public and may be seen by and shared by others. Social media sites, plug-ins and other applications also can enable you to create and submit content concerning our Site or Service. We cannot prevent or be responsible for such uses. Some social media sites, plug-ins and other applications enable you to adjust your privacy settings, but we don’t control them or how well they work. Please check those privacy policies and instructions for more information on how your information is used and handled.
- Information from your device. This includes information about your operating system, device identifier, carrier, language, battery performance, wi-fi or other network connections, or other data that you permit the App to access on your device including through permissions on your device using the device’s provided operating system permissions
- Communications with us. If you communicate with us, we collect the information and content you provide to us, including personally identifying information such as your name, email or other contact information. You can provide anonymous feedback by using an email account that does not reveal your identity.
How we use information
We process and use the information we collect in a variety of ways. The primary purpose is to provide you with an easy way to track how and where you move in your everyday life. We upload your information from your device over a secured connection to our servers in order to analyze the data and identify your activities, routes and places. Results are sent back to you over a secured connection so that you can view and interact with them, and they are stored on our servers. If you label a place, such as your home or work, or change an activity type, we also collect and store that information. If you are connected with a Site or App, then the information is also shared with your account on that Site or App.
Other ways we use your data include: to develop aggregated analyses and reports that help us improve our algorithms, to measure and understand how our Services are used, and to develop new products, services and features We also use your information to communicate with you, such as by sending you notifications and service-related messages, by responding to your requests and questions, or by sending you newsletters, information, and other transactional information for RideAmigos’ services. By registering with a Site or App you are opting in to receive such email.
To operate the Services, including supporting your activities on the Services, we may share your personal information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services such as authorization of email origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services, and promotional fulfillment. We require these entities not to use your information for any other purpose.
Use of Other User’s Information
The Services provide various means of communicating with other users, including but not limited to message boards, through which you may have access to other members’ names, email addresses and other information. By using the Services, you agree that, with respect to other user’s personally identifiable information that you obtain through your use of Servicves, you may only use such information for: (a) Services related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages, and (b) any other purpose that such member expressly agrees to after adequate disclosure of the purpose(s). Under no circumstances, except as defined in this Paragraph, can you disclose personally identifiable information about another user to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other member after adequate disclosure.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Sharing data with third parties
To provide and support the Services we provide to you, information we collect and receive may be disclosed to third parties in and out of the North American Area as (i) described in this policy, (ii) if you otherwise give your consent, or (iii) if the disclosure is legally required.
- If you choose to use any of the third party apps or services that use the RideAmigos API, you may consent to the disclosure of your information to those third parties.
- We may disclose information about you or your use of our Services to service providers or other partners that work on our behalf to support our business (e.g. information processing and storage, provide place recommendations, map thumbnails, and measuring the performance of our App).
- We may access, use, preserve, and share your information, including your personally identifying information, with third parties when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or prevent death or imminent bodily harm. We may also share such information if we believe that you have abused your rights to use the Services or violated an applicable law, or in connection with any dispute between you and us with respect to the Services.
- If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may disclose and transfer your personally identifying information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- We may also generally disclose aggregate or anonymous information where reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the data does not contain your personally identifying information.
- Some browsers enable its users to send a “Do Not Track” (or DNT) signal to a website visited by the user to request that the website disable tracking of the visiting user.
Our Site currently does not respond to DNT signals. We might configure it to do so in the future.
The security of our systems
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to provide the service. These may be located at destinations outside of North America. By submitting your personally identifying information, you agree to this. We use commercially reasonable physical and technical safeguards to secure your data. We encrypt the communication channels using SSL.
While RideAmigos continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and RideAmigos cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to RideAmigos. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Your access to the data
You may download a copy of your RideAmigos trip log information using the tool we provide on the Services by signing in with your email and account. Aside from trip data, RideAmigos has no obligation to you to retain a copy of any data and will not provide users with a copy of data outside of what is available through the Services.
Data retention and deletion
Our Services are not directed towards and must not be used by persons under 13. We do not knowingly or willingly collect information or data from individuals under such age. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly remove the information.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
For more details about the personal information we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see the Data Collection and Processing section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Information section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the Sharing Data with Third Parties section above. RideAmigos does not sell (as such term is defined in the CCPA) the personal information we collect (and will not sell it without providing you a right to opt out). Please note that we do use third-party cookies for our advertising purposes as further described in our Cookies and Similar Technologies section above.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect, including, but not limited to, how we use and disclose this information and also provides, among other things, the right for California consumers to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com and such consumers should feel free to contact at this email should they have any additional questions or requests concerning the CCPA. We will verify your request in accordance with applicable laws using the information associated with your account, including email address. Additional identification may be required. In certain circumstances and subject to the provisions of the CCPA, consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
RideAmigos welcomes your questions and comments about usage, terms, conditions, security and privacy. Please send any communication via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated and effective as of June, 2023.